• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

The Cat

Offering FREE Monkey paws down at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Probably not. I was getting exhausted anyway.
Seems that was the point the whole time. It is an election year after all, there's always a few that ooze in to do it. Makes it impossible to have a conversation, but proves they were never interested in having one in the first place. Its just a song and dance with "free bird seed".

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Seems that was the point the whole time. It is an election year after all, there's always a few that ooze in to do it. Makes it impossible to have a conversation, but proves they were never interested in having one in the first place. Its just a song and dance with "free bird seed".
I do this kind of thing not for the other person, but for the benefit of bystanders. But I have limits.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...Or beer.

But this is the old old story that will continue to play out through the endless cycle of human discourse.

sorry, I only included the pertinent parts... you'll have to find the full vid elsewhere.

Quick

MBTI Type
INFP
FWIW, It seems the conversation is not in good faith. Nothing you can post or say that's going to get through, because at this point, they're going to keep moving the finish line.

No, the problem is that we are coming at things from very different axioms. You guys seem to think the guilty-by-association arguments work. I don't. That's just an example. Another would be that you are innocent until proven guilty. Just because people claim someone is an oppressor does not mean they actually are just because someone said it. And that's another thing. You guys probably have assumptions about there being an oppressor vs oppressed class system. That's a Marxist ideology. Marxism has not worked anywhere it has been tried.

I heard recently that someone was saying if a person holds X view, then you could very much guess 10 other views they would hold. This is how our society has been polarized. You have radically different assumptions about reality going on largely between two groups of people. So it is not that I am arguing in bad faith. It is that I see the whole world differently than you guys do. That does not mean I am a racist, homophobic, transphobic bigot. It's that today people are content to just label other people as some sort of pejorative rather than actually getting to know what the person believes and why. It's easy to do this. It's easy to be polarizing. I try to fight against that. I do have my views. But to just label me as not arguing in good faith just demonstrates that you probably do not talk to many people of a different persuasion than you. It's groupthink on both sides largely produced by social media and news outlets.

The Cat

Offering FREE Monkey paws down at the Crossroads.
Staff member
DxiN95-XgAElTGd.jpg

Quick

MBTI Type
INFP
Like instead of actually seeing what I am saying you double down? I get you are coming from a different perspective, but it does seem like you are burying your head in the sand.

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
I'm pretty sure Trump doesn't care. It's not clear to me that Haley supporters won't still vote Republican come November. If they were to abandon the Republicans or abstain from voting, it might benefit Trump to try to appeal to them in what is shaping up to be a close election, but then the question would become would he alienate his base by softening his stance on some controversial issues? Probably not, as Trump's base are pretty much cult followers at this point and just think whatever he says they should think. But Trump's ego doesn't allow him to compromise unless it is crystal clear a failure to compromise will seriously hurt his chances. Trump is softening now on abortion because he realizes this one issue may seriously hurt his election chances. I doubt he thinks the same way about failing to attract Haley supporters.

Haley herself is probably playing the long game. She's relatively young and there will be no incumbent for either party in 2028. I'm sure she'll run for nominee again then. And she will probably be up against a Trump lite kind of Republican (e.g. DeSantis or similar). It's probably her best strategy to keep herself distant from Trump (certainly not endorse him) so she can appeal to the non MAGA types down the road.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I'm pretty sure Trump doesn't care. It's not clear to me that Haley supporters won't still vote Republican come November.

Yes, but the question is will they ALL do that. In 2020 Biden won key swing states by a point or less. Therefore even the nudges in this "department" are likely to really matter in the end. What means that her voters are probably what is going to decide the outcome.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I suppose that it is time that I take a pipe and and go into Grandpa story mode. Since I evidently have story to tell.
In other words I just went through what was day 1 of my center right + far right government that just made a coalition government. The combination that shocked many (some of far right voters included). Therefore now it is safe to say that this is start of new era in Croatian politics. In short center right after ruling for 2 terms in a row this time has decided to search for support further right instead of towards center. What was because some seats were missing in order to make majority that is needed to rule the country. For weeks the left really tried to attract the far right that it comes to their camp and that they rule together with some smaller parties. They were literally begging them on their knees that they respect the contain that was made around center right. What is because here the center right is what is generally seen as "scary party" that has to be contained. What is the picture that many media are trying to picture for decades at this point (and to some degree they had a success). However in the negotiations it seems that center right was much more convincing and the far right swinged towards them (center right are generally pretty good in getting what they want). What then allowed the formation of coalition government. What shocked even some far right voters, since they thought that the contain will hold/stay. Especially since far right was spitting on center right for years. However it seems that in center right they made enough of compromises to rule with far right (which also made some compromieses and threw out certain people).

What leads to what exactly will be the program of incoming administartion. One of the key stories will be sorting out the Communist era stuff. Supposedly the areas are already marked and they will try to dig out mass graves that were made by Communists. Which were pretty brutal towards just about everyone that didn't play along during the Communist era. Especially since many weren't thrilled with nationalizing literally every asset that exists in the country (housing included). Therefore many remains should be digged out of the ground so that they get proper burial. Also it seems they will dig into mass rape of the Red Army, since many actors of those events are still alive. Since fall of Communism wasn't that long ago. Plus idea is to create more active culture of memory about all the victims of that era. What means cutting funding for various left wing press and media. Since those prefer to downplay what happened in Communist era. This is basically exactly why the left was begging far right to come to their side. Because they are afraid that something like this will happen. Because if the public mindset get more nagative towards that era the left will become unelectable in the terms of math (and they are in problems even as it is). Therefore it seems that center right gave some concesions, threw away some smaller left partners out of the government and made a deal with far right.

Another point is economy and development. The key point is fixing demography without making openly multicultural society of western type. What should be done through boosting local/national manufactuting. Better governing and more of sefaty nets. So that at least part of huge dyaspora that is scattered across the world returns home. Especially young for whom this could perhaps be the only way to experiance free college or any form of collge at all. The same goes for many other social programs. Which should be payed by the very fact that dyaspora to some degree came back. Another key decision is that electricity production will continue to be under government ownersip. Since this is just too stratgic sector to be left to private sector. Especially since economy is openly profiting due to that since they don't have to pay the profits of what would be private owner. This is one of the main components why national economic growth is at the very top of EU currently. Another strategic decision is sigining papers that start the project of building national center for antidotes and vaccines. What should also make sure that those services are avalable to get under what would be market value.

Another big thing that probably isn't a coincidence are pro life rallies that happened over the last few days. Therefore it is kind safe bet that there will be some changes in this department. Especially since abortion isn't that easy to do even as it is (from what I understand). However now the basic paradigm shoud be changed and idea is to use welfare state to fix this imported cultural war. In other words the far right is proposing that every pregnancy is counted as working for one year, and that you get money into your retirement fund for pregnancy. What is also designed as a measure to fix the aging demography. However this is only the start of the story. Another concept is the one of "anonymous birth", a women with undesired pregnancy comes in and gives a birth. However after that she is free to just walk away and live her life. While the government will take over the child. Even as it is government is heavily giving money to help rise a child, medicine is socialized, the same goes for education all the way to Ph.D. Therefore in a way it isn't that much of a leap that the government takes over the whole process. Especially since due to demographic problems there is plenty of realestates that are empty once you walk away from city centers. In other words the main argument for abortion is economic one. Therefore people on the right think that once you take that away the argument of being pro-abortion becomes pretty thin one. While average Joe fully understands that there needs to be more children if you don't want mass immigraion. Plus they are paying for socialzed medicine and free college for generations. So there is nothing fundamenally controversial about all of this. After all letting the ancient nation state down the drain is something that would be much more controvesial at the end of the day.

So when you sum up all of this it is kinda safe to say that all of this is defeat of individualism. In other word things are returing to more standard Slavic logic. Not that the things ever went too far from all of that, but all of this is evidently some sort of U turn on many trends. Which is kinda why the left and liberals are taking all of this pretty heavily. Since all of this is not only that they lost for the 3rd time in a row but it seems that they will lose plenty of cultural wars that are further ahead. Particually devastating was the fact that the turnout was the highest in decades and it resulted with pretty obvious further turn to the right. While centrist parties are all bellow 2%, therefore those people are done until further notice.

Therefore the new era just started and judging by everthing thus far it wouldn't be the boring one.
(I just had to put all of this on paper)