• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random political thought thread.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
None of those words make sense when you string them together like that. It's like saying "Honest Billionare" or "Non greedy Corporation", "Flat earthers" and "Disney Adult."
I thought about deleting the non-profit part but I never came back to actually edit as all of them are right, especially the libs, and none of them do much thinking.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I thought about deleting the non-profit part but I never came back to actually edit as all of them are right, especially the libs, and none of them do much thinking.
lib think tanks can be some of the more irritating ones because for people paid to think they sure dont seem to do much of it about anything anyone who works for a living can access.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

What they're saying: President Biden pledged in a statement Friday that he will "never stop working to cancel student debt – no matter how many times Republican elected officials try to stop us."

• "From day one of my Administration, I promised to fight to ensure higher education is a ticket to the middle class, not a barrier to opportunity," he said.

This is one reason I'm voting for him. It seems that he means what he says. And I was extremely reluctant to support him in 2020, although I did so because I was anti-Trump.

This is less about how it affects me. I have not benefited from any of this. The consistency with which he's pushing on this is a pleasant surprise. I don't expect things to turn out perfectly, but I want politicians to signal that they give a shit. I've said before that what we need is a fighter, and to my surprise, Biden ended up being that.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
LOL. I love how they didn't mince words these days.
map.png

Now we get this:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Trump should ask himself why folks don't want to come here from those countries like they used to.
It's probably because they have things like universal healthcare and mandatory vacation days and they don't want to give those up. Not even for beautiful scenery and diverse biomes.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
It's probably because they have things like universal healthcare and mandatory vacation days and they don't want to give those up. Not even for beautiful scenery and diverse biomes.

That is just tip of the iceberg. For other example no one is trying to openly wipe out all of your health benefits. While not only that you get a month of paid leave but you have old or even ancient cities all over the place. Which you can explore over that month for small amounts of money. Actually since they are close you can even do it over the weekends. Plus today you have Schengen area and Euro. What means that you can travel across the continent without passport and there is single currency. What makes business and traveling around much more easier in US-like sense.

But there is much more. GMO food as well as various dangerous chemicals are banned, what is really good for your health. Public transport is much more developed and it can get you for pocket change on the other side of your metro area in reasonable time. Plus since that transportation generally runs on electricity or newly even on hydrogen the air is fairly clean. There are also various subsidies for getting your fist living space or making your home more energy efficient. College is generally socialized just as healthcare. Therefore no matter what happens to you your kid will have an option of getting high education (what is the option that isn't a long shot). You also have much more rights in online spaces and issues. Public debt next to GDP is lower and in many places it is even falling for years. Also the streets tends to be much safer because the system is build in a way that you can't get mass mental health crisis. Especially since gun bans lower the amount of PTSD in the system. The same goes for labor laws that sanction outright abuse at work and 15 hour work day. Plus there are hundreds of little perks that are often local in nature.

What means that changing Europe for US just isn't worth it for most people. If they give you some very well paid job and you as young person go to US for a few years it can be worth it. But in general it is not worth it for most people. At this point even some of the post Communist countries in Europe have started to surpass US when it comes to providing the basics (since they have all of the mentioned above). What means that Europe has made it's own United States that is called "European union". What means that US has lost it's "reputation" as irreplaceable place. In other words if you are really ambtious you can just move into some richer and more ambitious EU member state (since that is today treated as domestic movement). Also today you can work for US company online, plus many of those have their own infrastructure in Europe.

In other words today you can do in Europe pretty much everything that was previously possible just in US. While at the same time you are at home in your own culture (or at leats you can visit often or over the weekeend). While on the other hand you have plenty of perks that don't exists in US. In other words most people have all they need on the Eastern coast of Atlantic and thus they don't have to cross the ocean in mass as they used to. At this point the mass exodus of Europeans into US from 100 or 150 years ago is quite unlikely to happen again.

Just saying.