• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

An idea for a "Sonic the Hedgehog" movie...

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think that Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie should be a performance-capture piece like The Polar Express, Monster House, and Beowulf, where actors' highly detailed performances will be shot and then digitized into their respective characters. But I propose that my Sonic movie also be shot in front of live-action background plates on location, perhaps with some digital enhancements scattered among them, too.

I've never been that amazed by CGI technology unless it's blended with live action. I was never that impressed with full-length computer-animated movies, they never touched my creative spark in the way that live action does. CGI blended with live-action makes a moviegoing experience seem much more magical. It's as if a part of the fantasy world has been brought into the real world. Hence, this is why I propose the movie should be live-action with CGI characters.

As for the casting of the film, I could think of no one else than Kevin Spacey to do the voice and performance capture of Dr. Eggman (AKA Dr. Robotnik in the old days). I'm thinking of who should play the rest of the characters like Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, etc.

I'm actually not too familiar with most of the newer characters, seeing how I stopped playing the Sonic games when they stopped being 2D side-scrolling platforms. But they were my favorite games of all time.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
omg Kevin Spacey would be the perfect Dr.Eggman!

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I don't know that much about sonic the Hedgehog as it's been 10 years since I've played it, but I LOVED it! Sega had some awesome games. I liked Aladdin.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For some reason, I was thinking Bow Wow should be Sonic...I have no idea why, though. Maybe it's his childlike bad-assery he displays in so many of his films -- such as The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift.

EDIT: And Dana, I loved that Aladdin game, too! I either played the Sonic games or that, actually -- very rarely anything else. Though when I got a Sega 32X (the Sega Genesis 32-bit expansion), I started playing Mortal Kombat and Doom.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
I wanna be a voice!

Pick me! Pick me!!!

I fear I'm going to become new blog addicted !_!

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I liked when that dude in Mortal Kombat 2 came from the bottom corner of the screen and said "TOASTY!" It always cracked me up...

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Sigh.. if there was only a way to play MK online with other people!

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ah, here's that "Toasty" guy I was talking about!

180px-MKII_ARC_Toasty.png

He's Dan "Toasty" Forden -- he was the sound designer for Mortal Kombat 2.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yep, it slid in view at the bottom of the screen. I think it was during an uppercut move.