• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFP or ENFJ?

captainbandicoot

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Chers amis,

I very consistently come up ENFP, and am happy with that. However, there's a chance I'm skewing the results subconsciously because I like the idea of being an ENFP. I'm also unsure about my enneagram type (usually 2, 3, 7 or 4, in order of frequency)

I'm new :p so please help me :)

1) I take sides, although I very easily understand and sympathise with both/all sides and will almost always come up with a compromise (however, it may tend to be biased towards my own view).

2) I adore people, even 'difficult' people, because interacting with them makes me feel fulfilled and energised. Being without people makes me lonely and bored, and I become very very depressed. I do need my alone time though, especially when I'm tired or had a rough day, and at those times I have to be left totally alone or I may lash out (very uncommon for me).

3) When I was younger and less confident I'd consistently come up with INTJ like my dad. My mum is an ENFP.

4) Although my cognitive profile looks like this: Fe > Ne > Ni > Fi > Si > Se > Ti > Te... I tend to retain my nurturing side but also be very logical, organised and GO GO GO in stressful situations or business settings. Any idea what this means?

5) I'm fairly sure about the iNtuitive function... Because I am always crashing into anyone and everything; I rarely ever take notice of my surroundings; am spatially spastic; and like to go 'off with the fairies.' HOWEVER I am quite athletic, and the sports I excel in require great co-ordination! I dance, run, yoga, karate, ice-skate, etc. which makes no sense, because in real life I'm the biggest klutz. Dichotomous disaster, I know. What the beep is going on here? :/

6) I'm a perfectionist, particularly in academics, but also in household chores. I will not easily commit to tasks, but when I do commit I ABSOLUTELY MUST get everything perfect. I can be ironing the same shirt for half an hour because it isn't quite right. I can hours and hours on a 5 slide presentation because the effects aren't quite there yet.... THEN you get to the things I haven't mentally committed to, and I couldn't care less.

7) I am overbearing, there're no two ways about it. But, being conscious of this, I tend to be fairly shy in some social situations, particularly with people my own age :3 my perceived difference in personality and mental maturity (I am egotistical in this sense) makes me often fairly awkward around people my age.

8) I consistently assume my own intellectual and moral superiority to most people. Which is an awful thing to say or even think, as modesty and humbleness are some of my favourite values... But if I'm being honest, its true. I always catch myself, put myself down for it, and then assume that the other person is better and I'm just biased. This causes either loss of confidence, r a patronising vibe (people sometimes get that from me, I think?) or even causes me to act 'dumb' or 'clumsy' in order to remind them I'm not that 'superior in my own mind. If that makes sense...

Sorry for the long post :p

Also, I am very easily distracted. I'm sitting in a lecture right now called BS300, which I like to call Bull Shit 300.

Em xx