• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Polling averages of swing states (from 538)

Arizona: Trump +3.2
Georgia: Trump +5.8
Michigan: Trump +1.2
Nevada: Trump +4.9
North Carolina: Trump +6.3
Pennsylvania: Trump +1.8
Wisconsin: Trump +2.6

Houston, we have a problem.
Since he only needs Arizona, Georgia, North Carolina and Wisconsin (which are all clearly within reach).

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Polling averages of swing states (from 538)

Arizona: Trump +3.2
Georgia: Trump +5.8
Michigan: Trump +1.2
Nevada: Trump +4.9
North Carolina: Trump +6.3
Pennsylvania: Trump +1.8
Wisconsin: Trump +2.6

Houston, we have a problem.
Since he only needs Arizona, Georgia, North Carolina and Wisconsin (which are all clearly within reach).
I'm going to be blunt with this and get this off my chest:

Why did the geniuses in the DNC decide Biden was the guy to stop Bernie Sanders, again? That's why we are where we are, after all. Biden struggled in all the states before South Carolina. I'm not sure why they leaped on that one state as proof that he could run rings around Trump.

Last edited:

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member

Why did the geniuses in the DNC decide Biden was the guy to stop Bernie Sanders, again? That's why we are where we are, after all. Biden struggled in all the states before South Carolina. I'm not sure why they leaped on that one state as proof that he could run rings around Trump.
Why...to spite you of course. That is the real American Dream after all.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

I have some experience with the DNC and, more specifically, the DCCC (Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee). Their only goal is maintaining the neoliberal order/status quo and their donor $$$. Period. Bernie is also not a Dem, he's an independent that generally caucuses with the Democrats. Since he doesn't take corporate donations or see lobbyists or talk to billionaires like Jeff Bezo or Zuckerberg... the DNC has no use for him at all since they can't get any $$ out of him (all Dems pay dues to the DNC and to the DCCC or the DSCC (senate).

Last edited:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
This seems like a good idea, except for that fact that it might mean China and Russia grow closer. The rare minerals tariffs also seem stupid. If they're rare, how are people going to find an alternative? The only thing that happens is that Amerians pay more; this does nothing to revitalize the US economy or strengthen ties with allies or anything like that.

First of all Russia and China already have signed "unlimited partnership" and they co-lead various anti-western organizations. As a matter of fact war Ukraine wouldn't really be possible at this point in the case that China is against it. Since China and it's proxies are keeping Russia in the game. Therefore that ship has sailed and you can't really separate the two at this point.

While when it comes to mentioned rare resources: just because they are rare that doesn't mean that they doesn't exist somewhere else. Therefore when you put tariffs on China you are basically forcing companies to search resources somewhere else. What means that you are basically decoupling US and China's economies. What makes it much easier to consolidate the western block in global matters. In other words when the blocks become more clearly separated there will be less instability and regional wars. Which are basically the product of current undefined state of the world. Free for all globalization has failed and new order still hasn't be established. Therefore speeding up all consolidations is almost surely a good idea.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
This seems like a good idea, except for that fact that it might mean China and Russia grow closer. The rare minerals tariffs also seem stupid. If they're rare, how are people going to find an alternative? The only thing that happens is that Amerians pay more; this does nothing to revitalize the US economy or strengthen ties with allies or anything like that.
you'd be surprised.