• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Impression Management Test

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
https://www.idrlabs.com/impression-management/test.php

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is literally a "Do you kiss ass at work" the test. No, I do NOT compliment people. The best I do is help people out at work. I also like to talk about what I do know if its relevant to the
situation.

asskisser.png

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
impression-management

Your impression management skills are low (33%).

:shrug:

ygolo

My termites win

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
image.png

Self-promotion and intimidation both being high makes it sound like I'm an arrogant twerp. That's funny.

But
"I let others know I can make things difficult for them if they push me too far."
"I deal strongly or aggressively with people who interfere with my business."
is what people perceive as intimidation??? Dang. That explains a few things.
"Hee hee let's incessantly be a pest on the guy! OH GOD HE'S RETALIATING, HE'S AN INTIMIDATEY MONSTER"
Like come on, man?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1677814023643.png

Your impression management skills are low (36.4%).

Same as @ygolo, I do some of these things, but not for the stated reason. I arrive early at appointment, not to make people think I am dedicated or organized, but to make sure I am not late. The impression I want people to have is that I am a punctual person and respect their time, and I create that by arriving on time. I praise people's accomplishments, not so they think I am nice, but so they are more likely to keep doing things I find good and worthwhile.

The Cat

Offering FREE Monkey paws down at the Crossroads.
Staff member
View attachment 28503
Your impression management skills are low (36.4%).

Same as @ygolo, I do some of these things, but not for the stated reason. I arrive early at appointment, not to make people think I am dedicated or organized, but to make sure I am not late. The impression I want people to have is that I am a punctual person and respect their time, and I create that by arriving on time. I praise people's accomplishments, not so they think I am nice, but so they are more likely to keep doing things I find good and worthwhile.
I ran into this with quite a few things. A lot of it is simple enlightened self interest, do unto others, it's cheaper to be a good person appreciating and understanding the value of community and the importance of being social etc. No one is an island as much as I wish I could be. (I'd be the Island from Lost) Ive thought about these kinds of things a lot while having to do some showering outside in the pitch black during one of the more frustrating (but still good all things considered) periods of life. Like a great musician once sang:

When the lights go out in the cities,
and human beings are once again just prey.
You're gonna want a nice tight friend group,
Who you can trust to not eat your legs.

But rock power ballads that teach important messages of trust aside. People human or otherwise are social creatures. I think few people can appreciate this more than isolated people for whatever reason they're secluded. I think a lot of it in the case of ourself has to do with growing up in a cult like environment whilst simultaneously being an "abomination" within said environment.

One does what one must to survive and we're designed to survive with others. Division literally kills us as life forms. A lesson as old as humanity that too often fails to be learned, and like all tragic histories doomed to repeat itself tragically not just confined within the boundaries...of the Twilight Zone.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I try to actively avoid doing things only for appearances. If I even have that tempatation I stop and ask myself wtf I think Im doing lol.

Attachments

• DC8EA0E3-CEE5-42E6-8A04-29637B663F92.png
    DC8EA0E3-CEE5-42E6-8A04-29637B663F92.png
    1 MB · Views: 69