• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

(Corvus corax)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
People really seem to be flipping their lids over the Kamala thing.

I gotta say, I'm here for it.

The Cat

The Cat in the Tinfoil Hat..
Staff member
Authoritarians do not care about your legal rights.
They will hunt civilians.
They will try to pervert the legal system to subjugate you.
Winter has come to Texas.

The Cat

Staff member
Bernie politics very elegantly imo.
He knows where the Democrats landslide victory is lurking.
Lost with the republicans because until Joe, the dems walked away from the working class.
Dems need to remember who carries this country.
The Working Class regardless of color, creed, and origin.​

The Cat

Staff member
8yhxpc.jpg

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

(Corvus corax)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
But I don't think that changes how he actually feels about his kid. Does he talk about any of the eleven others? Or just this one, because he's upset about the situation? (It's possible he does and the media just doesn't cover it as much, but I'd be surprised if he thinks about any of them. He's the guy who sleeps in the workplace and expects others to do so.)

EDIT: I can't tell. But here's the list. How much of it is just posing for an article and how much is real? I dunno.

I wasn't aware Musk had a transgender kid who he treated terribly. There was a time when I saw him as a visionary, but that changed when he cast his lot in with Trump. I think the use of the phrase "woke mind virus" is telling. I always thought it was weird for him, as a guy who sells electric cars, to declare for the Republican party.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Turns out Trump always has his own security teams along with Secret Service, which is not advised. The main one is KS GLOBAL GROUP LLC formerly led by Keith Schiller. He has reportedly used as many as 11 different private security forces. Pro-Trumpers at the rally describe seeing a second team in camouflage and theorize that one of them took out Thomas Matthew Crooks.

This would explain why the SS were oblivious to Crooks - likely thinking he was with Trump’s private security.

Knowing this provides a plausible context for both the confusion and significant protocol breakdown and other possible conspiracies which I will leave without further comment.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

(Corvus corax)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Some people on Facebook are becoming very unhinged and I'm starting to lose my patience. I never post about politics on Facebook anymore (although I will occasionally "like" something an elementary school or high school colleague said that I agree with), so I suppose I'm just a blank slate to people. Other family members have gotten into confrontations about politics and this has spilled over into meatspace in a very real way. I want to avoid embroiling myself in a situation like that.

I'm going to try and push for a small Thanksgiving this year. That would be wise.

Last edited:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

(Corvus corax)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Turns out Trump always has his own security teams along with Secret Service, which is not advised. The main one is KS GLOBAL GROUP LLC formerly led by Keith Schiller. He has reportedly used as many as 11 different private security forces. Pro-Trumpers at the rally describe seeing a second team in camouflage and theorize that one of them took out Thomas Matthew Crooks.

This would explain why the SS were oblivious to Crooks - likely thinking he was with Trump’s private security.
Isn't the private security supposed to be ten times more efficient than the secret service just because it's private? Competition producing meritocracy and all that...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Isn't the private security supposed to be ten times more efficient than the secret service just because it's private? Competition producing meritocracy and all that...
Well, although I don't know if it is all true, I have to say the explanation presented would be pretty on-brand for Trump

1722200840940.png

The Cat

Staff member
Nothing is supposed to be more efficient than the secret service, thats why they guard the president. Private security is like a mercenary. Secret Service is like the Unsullied.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

(Corvus corax)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Nothing is supposed to be more efficient than the secret service, thats why they guard the president. Private security is like a mercenary. Secret Service is like the Unsullied.
I wonder how they went from detecting counterfeits to guarding the President, though.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh. I get it now. Game of Thrones Season 8. Yeah, this will be a shitshow.