• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Retitled

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
This is new.

Couple things:

1) I really hate the red dancing smiley with the sunglasses (I refuse to grace its presence by placing it in my blog). I hate it with a passion. It just stands there, dancing, mocking me with its stupid sunglasses and dumb kicking of the feet. I would not hesitate to run it over with a bus if I had the chance.

2) This forum is very different from INTPc. The culture, I mean. For instance, blogs (the ones in the blog forums). I was looking at some of them, and lots of people other than the OP post in them, and sometimes, it was rather spammy stuff. The spammy stuff stuck me as kind of rude, but I guess it's all in the culture.

3) I don't think I'll ever really get "into" the forum. I lurk, but I can't see myself posting very often. The quality is higher than some of the other non-MBTI forums which I occasionally visit, but at the same time, there's a lot more feel good bullshit that flies around for some reason. I'm not sure why that is. I'm not saying that a place where everyone was grouchy and hostile to each other would be good, I wouldn't like that either, but too much enthusiasm can come across as nauseating and fake.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I agree with your number two. We can censor all of the retarded comments out now. This blog feature surpassed my expectations so much.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I hope you stick around. :)

And I agree about #2 as well. Some people have welcomed that in their blogs BUT not everyone has. People don't always limit their comments to the blogs where it's explicitly welcomed. I think this new format will remind everyone that we are guests in each others' blogs.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Maybe I'm more laid back than I thought, but I like all the different types coming together rather than all INFJ's (uck), INTP's (double eek) or INTJ's, etc. I would say we all get along rather well. Would you say that's because we're fairly well adjusted people? I personally don't like spiteful and snarky comments and there's a lot of that at INTPc. Of course if that's your kind of thing then great as I know some people love that including my Husband.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Thanks Ivy, I intend to. I probably just won't post much.

By the way, do madmins have to put up with a little post window for every post that's been deleted in the forums as well? That must be a bit annoying.

Edit in response to Jen: What I like about a group of INTPs is that we all think along the same lines, follow each other's train of thought quite easily, and just tend to understand each other. That's really not something that happens for us very often at all irl.

I'm not sure about being well adjusted, maybe just different. Are INFJs one of the types which try to avoid conflict? If so, that may have something to do with it for you, personally. As for snarky comments, I like them when they're well directed, such as at a troll or bigot. But not so much when they're poorly directed (someone who can appropriately direct and use snarky comments would go far in INTPc).

Dansker

MBTI Type
INTP
I agree that the culture here is very different to INTPc. In the early days, MBTIc felt similar to INTPc, but now days feels radically different.

Looking forward to following your blog over here.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Of course! We're like bunny's floating on fluffy clouds.

Anonymous

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Thanks Dansker. I don't remember a whole lot of what it was like when it first started, as I didn't stick around for too long, but yes, I do remember it being more similar to INTPc. More quality, less fluff, perhaps?

And Jen, in case you don't see it, I edited in a reply to you in my post above.

Anyway, still getting a hang of this blogging system. Each OP reply is listed in the blogging tab, which is a bit weird for me. Am I supposed to put new entries in these replies, or as whole new titled blogs? Just replying seems more inconspicuous, so I guess I'll just reply to this one whenever I want to make a new blog post. So I changed the title.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
Ha. Like the titling theme. :) Blogs of a title flock together. Or something.

And uh, guess how long it took me to find where the new blogs were? /usual powers of observation