• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Enneagram Random Thought Thread

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hate those Fauvre card tests; the cards are so goddamn tacky and aesthetically nauseating to look at. Especially the positive triad cards.

Yes! And they tell you not to go by the images... It makes it difficult to take in general, and if you know anything about enneagram, it makes it difficult to take without allowing your own preferences to influence you.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can't find the thread, but I liked that one where you give each of your fixes an IV stacking. Re-analyzing mine just for fun:

7w8 so/sp
9w1 sp/sx
3w4 so/sx

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Never talk over a 9. They will look down and tell themselves 'I knew what I had to say wasn't important.'"

OUCH

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"Never talk over a 9. They will look down and tell themselves 'I knew what I had to say wasn't important.'"

OUCH

I mean... it’s true. :mellow: Even if 9 isn’t my primary type as I previously thought, it’s still a significant part of my tritype.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I mean... it’s true. :mellow: Even if 9 isn’t my primary type as I previously thought, it’s still a significant part of my tritype.

I experienced it a lot growing up in a house with a very outspoken, extroverted sibling and parent. My other parent was introverted and reserved like me and would sometimes notice this happening and speak up for me. It still happens to me at family gatherings to this day, so half the time I just end up tuning out to look at my phone or not bothering to speak at all. Sometimes I will wait until I think everyone else is done speaking to share my thought or opinion, but said loud parent by that point has decided to steer the conversation to another topic and will say "but I'm not talking about that anymore, don't change the subject."

:fpalm:

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I experienced it a lot growing up in a house with a very outspoken, extroverted sibling and parent. My other parent was introverted and reserved like me and would sometimes notice this happening and speak up for me. It still happens to me at family gatherings to this day, so half the time I just end up tuning out to look at my phone or not bothering to speak at all. Sometimes I will wait until I think everyone else is done speaking to share my thought or opinion, but said loud parent by that point has decided to steer the conversation to another topic and will say "but I'm not talking about that anymore, don't change the subject." :facepalm:

OMG THIS! I fucking hate it when that happens (still happens to me as well - I ended up becoming chattier to keep up and make myself heard, but it just backfires on me because my family sees me as the most immature person in the room).

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OMG THIS! I fucking hate it when that happens (still happens to me as well - I ended up becoming chattier to keep up and make myself heard, but it just backfires on me because my family sees me as the most immature person in the room).

yeah, it's almost a lose-lose situation no matter how you handle it. :(

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

OUCH

another thing I resonate with is when he refers to 9's ability to tap into their ambition and drive during their professional daily routine, but to turn that off when they get home at night. Realizing this helped me distinguish my type back when I thought I might be a 3w4.

Black Sun

I see a trend with 5s online and not wanting to like posts. The reasons can vary, but overall I guess these mfers just love withholding
Been online for years and only started liking posts this year I think. I avoided doing it for so long

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I see a trend with 5s online and not wanting to like posts. The reasons can vary, but overall I guess these mfers just love withholding
Been online for years and only started liking posts this year I think. I avoided doing it for so long

5 here. I refuse to use the Like function.

Black Sun

5 here. I refuse to use the Like function.
*sees 5 core and sp/sx in description*
I'm not surprised :cuppajoe:
Just the thought of using the like function made me squirm for a long time. It doesn't make much sense, but it almost feels like I'm spending actual money when I like a post. I don't know how to word it really, it just makes my SP scream at times :unsure:

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not a 5. I find liking posts useful. For me it basically means "I am letting you know that I read your post and I think it's decent, but I don't want to talk to you about it."

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I flippantly like anything that looks amusing or good quality to me and then end up unliking and having to relike post... XD

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
9s are said to live in an idealized reality, and ain't that a mood.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not a 5. I find liking posts useful. For me it basically means "I am letting you know that I read your post and I think it's decent, but I don't want to talk to you about it."

Basically this for me as well. Apart of me resisted against the Likes shortly after they were implemented but eventually came to the conclusion that there are far more important hills to die on.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

I've noticed this trend on here too.

I may be double withdrawn, but I like people's posts so freely and sometimes I worry I'm being a creeper because I like people's posts that I don't know well, especially when I'm exploring new blogs. But the blogs are there for a reason, so I probably shouldn't worry too much. It means you have quality content. :shrug:

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I keep wondering what being a withdrawn triad blind introvert is like. Withdrawn triad is basically a bunch of introversion, so how does a withdrawn blind introvert process things? I'm mostly tritypes like 163 and 162.

Black Sun

I've noticed this trend on here too.

I may be double withdrawn, but I like people's posts so freely and sometimes I worry I'm being a creeper because I like people's posts that I don't know well, especially when I'm exploring new blogs. But the blogs are there for a reason, so I probably shouldn't worry too much. It means you have quality content. :shrug:

Yeah, I would never overthink why somebody liked my post. I'd probably just be glad that someone interacted with it, or I’d be indifferent.
I overthink liking other people's posts at times. It's a mixture of not wanting to draw attention to myself and wanting to be "invisible", not wanting to feel drained (I know, so stupid. As if clicking a button is so much work) and, like you said, not wanting to seem like I'm creeping.
I’m over my "never like posts" rule because I want people to know that I agree with them or enjoy their posts/presence on the forum. It's another way to interact with people, and I don't think I have a really good reason to avoid it anymore.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I keep wondering what being a withdrawn triad blind introvert is like. Withdrawn triad is basically a bunch of introversion, so how does a withdrawn blind introvert process things? I'm mostly tritypes like 163 and 162.

I've noticed a lot of them tend to toe the line between extroversion and introversion more than they think, with the emphasis of their introversion being either socially based/a distaste for personal interaction or a huge need to have moments to themselves to just relax and get away from the stresses of life. The biggest difference between the withdrawn triad and introversion (which people tend to overly conflate) is that the withdrawn triad specifically is one that struggles with initiation and moving past thought into action, hence you can have a lot of very assertive and independent introverts who are very inclined to do their own thing or even very active introverts very engaged in activities that bring them energy whom have little difficulty initiating things. For example, I know a 6w5 (638 sp/so) ISTJ who is very solitary and places a lot of emphasis on having his own time to think and pursue his solitary interests, but is very inclined to be active and pushy about what he wants and, despite the 5 wing, is not particularly withdrawn in the sense that he's very present in the world (I initially suspected him ESTJ, but was laughed at when I suggested him extroverted, for example).

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People who can't relate to their supposed disintegration or integration type are probably not the type they think they are.

i.e. 4s who can't relate to 2s at all.