• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Star Wars Thoughts

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Cut to Bastion, the Imperial capital. Zoom in on the Imperial Palace, an unusual cross between a pyramid and a Gothic cathedral, all black except for the red Imperial flag decorations, and studded with spires. Cut to the tallest central spire:

A black armored figure, a Knight of the Sith, kneels before a man in his thirties with brown eyes and long dark hair. He should be handsome, but something is unsettling about him.

“It is just as you foretold in your wisdom, Master. The Jedi took the bait.”
“Excellent,” replies Darth Cadeus. “Take your ship, the Cleanser, and head to …”
“But Master, you said I could be part of the fleet that will be dealing with the Jedi Temple,” Darth Viral interrupts.
Darth Cadeus’s brow narrows as he flexes his hand on this lightsaber. Tempting, but there is no one else available for the task. He releases his grip.
“If you should complete your mission, you will have leave to join the rest of the fleet. Go to the Teriais system, and obliterate the rebel base. No quarter for those who aid and shelter insurgents, either. Most importantly, your task is to deal with any Jedi saboteurs you can encounter.’’
“Saboteurs,” laughs Viral. “As though any Jedi could make it past the defenses of my ship, with their feeble light-side abilities.”
Cadeus is tempted again. This ignorant cur is testing his patience. Viral was the youngest of his knights, not even twenty years old.
Cadeus cannot help but raise his voice: “The Jedi will certainly try to infiltrate your ship. You have never faced a Jedi. Do not underestimate them and do not fail me. Eliminate them, or bring them before me. If you fail me in this, joining the fleet will be the least of your worries.”
Viral finally gets the point.
“Yes, my liege.”
“Rise.”
Viral rises and exits the Supreme Leader’s chambers.

Caedus sighs in exasperation. Some day he would find a proper apprentice. They could also take on the task of managing these vermin, surely, but they would also be his equal. Someone capable of grasping and appreciating his plans for the galaxy. Someone who could understand what his doddering uncle never could. His uncle and those fools at his temple claimed to value peace, but what they never understood was that there was only one path to peace, only one way to the greater good. Building structures on the mold-covered peel of the Old Republic was no way to secure a better future for anyone. No one but him knew the magnificence of Palpatine’s genius. He alone understood what Palpatine was trying to accomplish, and this time there would be no traitorous grandfather to stand in his way.

Last edited:

The Cat

Offering FREE Monkey paws down at the Crossroads.
Staff member
A part of me says I wish it had stayed a silent movie.
Star Wars names are just rough.
The deeper you go the more you can tell people were just using place holders of nonsense that just never got update.​

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A part of me says I wish it had stayed a silent movie.
Star Wars names are just rough.
The deeper you go the more you can tell people were just using place holders of nonsense that just never got update.​
Having written my own stuff in this universe now, I think this must be exactly what was happening. Personal names in Star Wars are odd because sometimes they are normal Earth names like Ben or Luke, and sometimes they aren't. When I was thinking of good non-Earth names, I decided that Jyn was a good name, and I decided to reuse it.

Last edited:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1000005259.jpg

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Pretty much he's the only thing giving interest and direction to all of this. Sometimes he's a little on the nose, but he seems to be enjoying himself so much that he's fun to watch.
Yes, exactly. There are moments in Episode III that are particular on the nose, but even those I've come to appreciate. Palpatine is ecstatic with glee because he knows he's winning, and he can finally stop putting up with these loathsome Jedi.
Yeah.... That. It's kind of insulting, considering what a big deal she was in the first film supposedly.

Hilariously, there are so many spins on all this. Like, if GRRM had written The Phantom Menace, I bet he would have killed the actual Padme and had her body double ascend to the throne and pretend for the rest of the narrative that she was the real Padme. It certainly would be more interesting, lol. Or at least there would be rumors of it.
There were a lot of theories about clones after the first film came out, given how much there was about body doubles and that there was some kind of clone war. One popular theory was that the Palpatine in Episode one was not the Palpatine we knew in Return of the Jedi. Instead, Darth Sidious was actually a clone of Palpatine who took over, pretending to be the original Palpatine. There were countless variations on this.

I think it's just ironic that out of the multitude of story decisions that could have been taken, Lucas seems to continually pick the least interesting or most boring options available.
Yes, unfortunately.
Agreed. Also -- one line doesn't save a really slop of a narrative. It would be a great line if it were the culmination of a lot of lesser ones and incremental steps, but I think it's just something you read a MAGA posting on Twitter and snort because of no underlying context.

That is such a great way to say it. Creativity needs constant influx of new material and ideas, synthesis with external things. Disney is just inbreeding Star Wars at this point, and the young are all dying at birth from fatal mutations and inability to thrive.
Yeah. But I'll probably give the Acolyte a spin (the first two episodes, anyway), and see what I think. Some of these later trailers are leaning less heavily on the incestuous elements, which is getting me to at least give it a chance.
It got such great reviews. I remember when the Richard Chamberlain version was so big. I know I had the book, I just can't remember whether I actually read it at the time (the miniseries rolled out in 1980, I was barely a tween). But I should definitely watch this new version.
I watched an episode or two of that in history class in high school and I was disappointed I never got to learn how the rest of the story went. I mostly know Chamberlain for those awful Alan Quatermain movies which were Cannon's attempt to capture that Indiana Jones magic; but Chamberlain really wasn't what was wrong with those movies from what I recall.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well here's a rehash of a main "prequels" problem -- too much green screen.

Terrence Stamp complains that instead of getting to act with Portman, he had to act against a piece of paper taped to the wall. He had mainly taken the role to do some scenes with her.

This probably goes a long way to explaining flat performances.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well here's a rehash of a main "prequels" problem -- too much green screen.

Terrence Stamp complains that instead of getting to act with Portman, he had to act against a piece of paper taped to the wall. He had mainly taken the role to do some scenes with her.

This probably goes a long way to explaining flat performances.
I remember him complaining about that after the movie came out. I think a lot of those other British actors were quite upset by the experience. Hugh Quarshie (Captain Panaka) also comes to mind; you'll notice his role in 2 and 3 is replaced by a different character.