• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are you listening to? (Guilty Pleasure Edition)

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
About as guilty a listening pleasure as could possibly exist. What really sells it for me is that it's in C# Minor/E Major, the most beautiful keys to my absolute pitch-ified ears.

The Cat

A Mysterious Stranger...
Staff member
My Brain tells me this is Luigi and Peach in high school. Daisy is the one in the glasses. Mario isnt in Theater, he's in shop class, and parkour.

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

this is bowser
Bowser needs the Wicked treatment. I would imagine that, in reality, he didn't kidnap Peach at all. Peach chose him. Her parents couldn't cope with her choosing a turtle vs. some arranged marriage (that may or may not be to Toad), and assume she must have been coerced. The Mushroom Kingdom gets the same idea, and they recruit the help of Mario and Luigi based, convincing Mario that he can win Peach's heart by rescuing her.

There is another version of this where Peach's parents are more villainous and aware of what the truth is, rather than being deluded.

I like that version better, which involve massive propaganda operations in the Mushroom Kingdom, making it a place that's sugary sweet on the surface but actually a dystopia. I'm not sure how Wicked handles this kind of thing, though.

I will probably see Wicked when it comes out, and maybe that will motivate me to write a few pages of this before abandoning it.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow, I've never even heard this before. How did you come by it?
One of the guys in my office always has a radio station going that plays like classic 80s/90s pop songs, and this song regularly plays on there. I'd heard it a few times prior to that but it never really sunk into my consciousness until recently.

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
One of the guys in my office always has a radio station going that plays like classic 80s/90s pop songs, and this song regularly plays on there. I'd heard it a few times prior to that but it never really sunk into my consciousness until recently.
It's something else! I'm sorry, I'm not trying to embarrass you, but I do find it amusing.

Last edited:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm kind of embarrassed that I like this song. But... well, there's a cute AI anime girl singing the song, defiling the original intention of the song and therefore making it oddly beautiful while also inspiring an odd, unnatural sort of empathy towards Japan's suffering in World War II. I don't know why it's so addictive, but it is helping me learn and retain some of the Japanese I've learned over the years...